The Society for the Protection of Animals (TOZ) in Szczecin, Poland is:
- Non-government organisation (NGO)
- Public benefit organisation
- Non-profit organisation working to help animals.
The Pet Care Association in Poland was founded in 1st November, 1864.
It has a long history, because it was founded in 1864 as a second such organization in the world, after the RSPCA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) in Great Britain.
TOZ is a first society in Poland working in continuous and organized manner.
Main TOZ objectives
- creating proper attitude to animals
- taking action to assure they are regarded in proper and humanitarian way
- assuring they have sufficient living conditions
- promoting ideas of environment protection to the community
- and especially the animal's world
How do we act?
- We are running an economic activity providing veterinary services in TOZ's Animal Clinic. All the income aquired from paid customers is spent to help homeless, free-living and necessitous animals. Every third or fourth client is served for free. The clinic participates in gratuitous, communal program involving dog chipping and costless sterilisation of free-living cats.
- Apart from the Clinic, we also established a Bureau, which receives the reports of, and takes action against non-humanitarian animal treatment, and also provides information for many cases of helping animals.
- After our city has entrusted us with task of collecting the dog possession fee, our income have increased, as we get 40% of value of each collected fee. We spent acquired money on animal medicine and food, and also funding general help for animals.
- We run lots of actions and contests for children and young (such as Secret Santa or the Wastepaper Marathon), which serve mainly educational purposes, but also help aquire amounts of animal fodder or funds for our statutory activities.
- On our website, we also run a subpages dedicated to posting ads of (costless) animal adoptions or notices of lost and found animals (Polish version only).
We are still looking for people, who would like to add helping necessitous animals to their life achievements and join us
HELP US TO HELP…
The board of the Society for the Protection of Animals in Szczecin since 29th November, 2011, consists of following people:
RENATA CHEŁMOWSKA - PRESIDENT
BEATA WIĘCASZEK – VICE PRESIDENT, SPOKESMAN
KAROLINA WINTER – SECRETARY OF THE BOARD
GRAŻYNA MIELCZAREK-ŻYDLIK – TREASURER
MAŁGORZATA DZIEWANOWSKA-ROGALSKA – MEMBER OF THE BOARD
MAŁGORZATA SZYCHOWSKA - MEMBER OF THE BOARD
- JAGODA TUMIELEWICZ - MEMBER OF THE BOARD
The board members: dr hab. Beata Więcaszek and dr Małgorzata Dziewanowska-Rogalska are members of Local Committee on Animal Experiments in Szczecin.
All the board members are acting completely socially, without collecting any wages for their work.
Awards earned by TOZ Szczecin
- Laureate of 6th National Ecological Contest "Przyjaźni Środowisku" in category "ECOLOGY PROMOTER". http://www.przyjazni-srodowisku.pl/
- Title of „VOLUNTEER LEADER OF 2009" given by Regional Centre of Volunteering by the POLITES Association, for exceptional accomplishments, activity, engagement and results in volunteering.